Monday, April 5, 2010

Lemons and Limes


For Easter Dinner dessert yesterday, my sister made a delicious lemon cake with sweetened strawberries, and whipped cream. It was a delicious spring treat to end the meal! The night before Easter, we grilled out hamburgers and I made a Key Lime Pie, aka Drew's favorite dessert. I used my mother's recipe, but doubled the amount of lime juice, knowing that Drew likes it extra tart. I think it passed the tartness test, and it's easy enough to make again. Below is the recipe. If you are looking for a more traditional, labor-intensive pie, try Martha Stewart or Southern Living. Happy Spring dessert season!

Store-bought Graham Cracker Crust (I think Honey Maid is the best)
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz) package of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Whipped Cream

Beat the cream cheese until softened. Slowly add the condensed milk until smooth. Mix in the lime juice until blended. Pour into crust and chill in fridge for 4-5 hours. Top with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment